Greece / Albania Energy Tourism
The main objective of the GALET project is the incorporation of a green component in tourism in the trans-boundary area of Greece – Albania, and the creation of a “new green Greece – Albania touristic path”. For this purpose attraction points (acting as nodes of the path) will be created through demonstrative application of environmental friendly technologies.
Specific targets include:
• Demonstrative implementation of mature and targeted projects,
• Improvement of tourism infrastructure which leads to growth, new jobs creation and the development of new innovative markets,
• Multidimensional contribution to the European and national targets of Greece and Albania (2020) as well as the preparation of strategic intra-regional development plans for green tourism in view of the new programme period (2014 – 2020),
• Investigation of mature ready to implement projects of green tourism,
• Attraction of private sector investments in the field of tourism.