Innovative Practices in Biotourism
The primary goal of the project is to promote sustainable economic development in order to increase the standard of living and to facilitate cross border relations through the enhancement of the quality of tourism in the intervention areas.
The project’s specific goals are:
– The creation of a transboundary network of cooperation and the development of common transboundary tourist packages of added value.
– The enhancement of the quality of tourism in the intervention areas with innovative practices in the fields of culture and the environment and with the interactive participation of all partners.
– The participation of local authorities in high quality standards in tourism.
– Τhe effective management of local human and natural resources, historic and traditional values, and ethnic diversity reflecting the needs of the area
– The strengthening of networking and the creation of tourist packages boosting economic and social development on a transboundary as well as a local level.
Emphasis will be given to the connection of tourism services with experiential learning, by combining volunteer work from cultural and environmental organisations in the intervention areas, with the entrepreneurship initiatives that will be developed.