Efficient IRrigation MAnagement tools for agricultural cultivations and urban landscapes
The general objective of IRMA is to develop, apply and promote efficient irrigation management tools and techniques. The following objectives of IRMA are inter-connected:
• Development of networking – expertise transfer mechanisms;
• Survey regarding the local irrigation practice;
• Establishment, application and evaluation of auditing procedures for irrigation systems;
• Development, application and evaluation of a fully operating information system which will provide information regarding plants’ water needs plus tools and practical guidance regarding irrigation scheduling and irrigation systems design and management.
• Scientifically documented knowledge regarding draught tolerant cultivations/varieties, sensors and systems for irrigation management and alternative sources of water for agricultural and landscape irrigation;
• Actions for consciousness building of public and professional training-certification regarding strategies and methods for efficient irrigation management